Rons Primitive Skills

Custom Search

Search This Blog

Friday, November 4, 2011

Wood carving goodies in the mail!

I just went to the mail box and gathered my new toys! I bought a Two Cherries carvers scorp, another Mora half curve knife from Bens Backwoods and a whole lot of X-acto type blades on eBay. Oh, and a nice little ceramic sharpening rod for my carving tool box. The Two Cherries scorp is 7 1/2" long and the opening is right at 1" across. I managed to find one on sale for $40. They usually run around $50 to $60. This one came from http://www.craftsmanstudio.com/html_pc/L5152275.htm Its top quality German made and very sharp! The Personna blades were in a quantity package deal. I think I'll make up a nice carving knife kit in the future using these blades. They fit the X-acto #2 and #6 handle just fine. The Mora #163 is one I've been wanting to get for quite a while but more important things kept popping up. Heres a link to better describe the #163: http://www.bensbackwoods.com/servlet/Detail?no=92
I bought the ceramic rod from Bens for all of $1.98. Looks like I'll be making a lot more shavings this winter.

Top to bottom: Two Cherries scorp, Personna USA blade, ceramic rod, and Mora #163

No comments: