Rons Primitive Skills

Custom Search

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Ammo and survival books. Whats new?

I've been very busy with moving, my part time job, my business and 1 million other small things. Moving was awake up call. My wife and I found that we were lugging around the same old stuff in the same old box's for years. I said "if its still in the same box from 2 moves ago we don't need it." She heartily agreed. The local thrift stores had a field day sorting out several car loads of goodies. And we have a lot less clutter and everything is much better organized. I did a re-inventory of our prep supplies and we are doing pretty well. There are a few areas where I need to stock up more. Anyone know of any super good deals on .17 HMR, 7.62 x 54R, .357 magnum, .38 special, quantity purchases of course, like 1,000 rounds or more each?
I thinned out my library a bit. I had a lot of survival books and after looking through them I decided the majority would go. There are just so many ways you can explain desert stills and dead-falls. I was very selective in keeping the ones I did. I don't do classes anymore and they were basically for that purpose. I still have a very well rounded library covering a lot of survival/preparedness subjects. Some day I'll do a list and explain why I keep certain titles.
My business is doing great and eventually I'll move it completely to ebay since that is a lot easier and more streamlined. Life go's on...........
More to come and now that I'm settled in I should be able to post more frequently. As for the nice lady who emailed me and asked why I don't post every day, well, here's my answer. I have a real life and spend as little time on the computer as possible. I tend to get lost and find myself wasting time surfing. A nasty habit!

No comments: