Rons Primitive Skills

Custom Search

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Public schools- a poor choice

My grandchildren are home schooled. Some of my friends send their kids to private or Christian schools. My friends who send their kids to public schools always complain about one thing in common: their kids are doing lousy and they are getting into trouble or being troubled by thugs/gangsters/bullies. Ahh, the benefit of government run schools. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling knowing my hard earned tax dollars are going to fund an institution with such a long history of failure. It seems that anything the government gets involved in go's to hell mighty quick. Trust me, I know the economy sucks and every day the cost of living is going up ( and the cost of keeping a bloated, inept, corrupt government running sucks most of our money down the tubes) but isn't the safety and sanity of your children more valuable than money or goods? The cheapest alternative out there is home schooling. Sure, mom may have to stay at home and teach the young ones or maybe grand ma or grand pap can take on the job. If I had to give up some luxuries such as cable, a new boat, the new Harley or 2nd pickup and other non necessary things to keep me or my wife at home to teach the kids, it would be a no brainer.

No comments: