Rons Primitive Skills

Custom Search

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 28, 2021

The joys of online shopping

 Yeah, right. I live about 20 miles or so from the capital of Florida, Tallahassee. It is a dismal place to shop for anything outdoorsy,survival/preps, etc. There is Dicks sporting goods but I don't do business with the dicks at Dicks because they stopped selling guns to appease the progressive political left. Screw them. There are gun stores here and there and a plethora of pawn shops but prices are higher than retail. Oh, and we have the ubiquitous Wally Werld here and they have goods that range from pure garbage to fairly useful. They keep putting the guns away anytime someone gets into the chicken little routine. For example, election day and swear in day for the idiot Joe B. the pervo. They actually put everything in the back and had the nerve to lie to me and say "the manager who sells guns isn't here today". I will NEVER buy a firearm from Wallys. I've had better luck going to off the wall thrift stores. I've scored some very nice gear. For instance an Outdoors Products 13L small hydration pack brand new never opened for $4. Sweet! A brand new oil lamp for $3. Good deals. Now, as for shopping on the net, I do business with sellers on eBay and Amazon. We own a small business so we get some good deals on supplies and I find some new primitive/survival gear to try out or work with. I do a lot of leather work so most of my new tools are from eBay and I get some real good deals on leather. I recently picked up the Micro Sparkwheel from eBay for cheap and the Condor parang from Amazon on sale. There is a good chance to save a few bucks if you shop wisely. Now there are some real turds doing business on the web and the jerks I bought the Kershaw Camp 12 are a perfect example. I told them the tool was defective, the blade curved to the right, and I wanted my money back. They sent me the return authorization and yesterday I got the refund. Minus $15!!! For a restocking fee!!! They restocked a defective piece of crap to sell to some poor slob!! The blade was visibly bent to the right so this tells me that there is a problem with tempering and/or metal quality. And this is brand new out of the package!!! I've forged enough blades and other tools to know when there's a problem. What a bunch of jerks. When I bought one of the first sheath knives Condor made some time back, I noticed the handle was coming loose and it was a defective pin. I emailed them and they sent me a return label, fixed the handle, apologized and sent me back the knife. That's service. So, keep your eyes open for the good deals and watch who you deal with. Like an idiot, I didn't check out the ratings for the dealer who sold me the Kershaw. I learned the hard way.

No comments: