Rons Primitive Skills

Custom Search

Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Back at it.

First off, thanks to all who sent best wish's, etc. Thank you very much! I'm almost done with treatment and I think I got it licked. Skin cancer can be deadly and mine was very close to becoming bone cancer and that would have been a big bummer. As it is I now have to go for a skin checkup every 4 months and watch sun exposure. I was an idiot when I was in the Army and got a lot of nasty sunburns on my arms and back. I thought I was too macho to work outside with a shirt on. I'm paying now. Any time you get anything on your skin that acts weird have it checked out. Most times its not a major issue but then early detection can save you a lot of grief.
I've been keeping busy with a lot of woodsy/prep type things and I've picked up a few pieces of new gear. I will have an excellent guest article written by a friend on peak oil. Very thought provoking. If anyone else wishs to do a guest article, feel free to contact me.
One new piece of gear I'm excited about is a Kukri made by Ontario Cutlery from New York. Its the only American made Kukri that looks like its Nepalese counterpart. I'll destroy a few limbs this weekend and post the results with pics. Thanks to everyone for their prayers and patience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're OK. Best wishes!

Phobos