Click on the tab about "Catch and Spear Fish" at Ranger Ricks Digest http://www.therangerdigest.com/
It also shows an add for the IMPS net from BQM.
Heres the add from BQM found at their website:
IMPS-NET™ COMBAT & SURVIVAL NET
The IMPS-Net - Individual Multi-Purpose Net is one of the most essential suruval items you can have in your pack or survival system. Our 6’ x 10’ nylon net weighs only 9 oz and it takes up less room than a GI 1-qt canteen. Rig as a mini-hammock for sleeping, camouflage hides, gear net and many purposes, limited only by imagination.
Some suggested Uses:
• Use as a fishing net or live game trap
• Use as a Personal Camouflaging System for ambushes and survival
• Store food and equipment out of the reach of animals
• Use as a stretcher to transport injured personnel
• Carry game back to camp
• Cradles and supports your firearms or binoculars for steadier shooting and viewing
• Emergency rope - 12 feet /3.66 m
• Dunk bag and food chiller.
• Poperly tieing to metal rings, makes an improvised Mini-Hammock
Complete IMPS-Net™ Kit:
• Mesh Net (1.8 x 3.0 m); Mesh openings: 1 ¾’’ x 2’’ (4.4 x 5.1 cm)
• Two 5’ (1.52 m) suspension ropes with attached steel ring clews
• Two 12’ (3.66 m) lengths 550 survival cord
Loss-proof, permanently attached 9 ½’’ x 8’’ mesh drawstring storage bag (also usable as a dunk bag or gear bag).
No other item gives you this kind of utility and survivability in such a small, lightweight, economical package! You owe it to yourself to try it- we guarantee you will never hunt or camp without one again! Usage info courtesy Don Paul/Pathfinder Publications, and Sgt. Rick Tscherne, author of Ranger Rick’s Books. Instructions included. (1.8 x 3.0 m)
Shipping Weight: 1.00 lb / 0.45 kg
|Description - Item No.||Our |
|IMPS-NET MULTI-USE SURVIVL NET - MPN375||$12.99|
Basic Netmaking http://www.bertaut.com/netmaking.html
Net Booklet pdf http://duo.irational.org/red_net/plain_booklet.pdf
Janns Netcraft http://www.jannsnetcraft.com/net-making/
A. S. Emery Net Making pdf http://wedcraft.com/Emerynet.pdf
G. L. Findley Netting pdf http://www.ropeworks.biz/reader/net-1.pdf
Thanks for looking!